Facade & Signage Improvement Program
Apply for grants to improve your Downtown Norfolk facade and sign today!
This program was created to assist property owners and tenants with facade improvements and signage in the historic downtown district. The goal is to accentuate the historic elements of the district through restoration, renovation, replacement or reconstruction of facades.
About the Facade & Signage Improvement Program
- This program is designed as a forgivable loan (forgiven over a five year period).
- Maximum forgivable loan is 50% of the cost of improvements up to a $10,000 forgivable loan.
- It is available to property owners and tenants within the Vehicle Parking District.
- Funds will be awarded for facades, storefronts, awnings & signage.
- The program allows more than one forgivable loan per property.
- Application deadline is April 30th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
- All applicants must meet approval of Norfolk Vehicle Parking District #1 Design Advisory Board (DAB).
- If you have questions, please contact Sheila Rios at (402) 844-2027.
- Click here for additional information.