Date: September 25, 2015
Location: 7th & Norfolk Ave, Downtown Norfolk NE
- Event Details
Oktoberfest started in 1810 in Bavaria to celebrate the wedding of Prince Ludwig I. Today Norfolk area residents celebrate the area’s German heritage and the fall harvest every year with a two day family festival. Occurring at the end of September Oktoberfest grows yearly with live music, German food, beer garden, and family entertainment. Usually held in conjunction with the Lion’s Club Parade and River-point Arts Festival the Norfolk Oktoberfest is a must see!
A special “Oktoberfest” beer will once again be brewed just for this event! Traditional German and contemporary bands will perform under a tent set up on the parking lot behind the Norfolk Are Chamber of Commerce building. Food vendors will serve authentic German foods and an inflatable midway will be available for children.
This year’s Oktoberfest is set for September 25th-26th, 2015 on The River Point in Downtown Norfolk, NE at 7th & Norfolk Ave. Stay tuned for more details and entry forms!
Friday Night Events
- 5:30 p.m. - Tapping of the Keg Ceremony
- 5:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Live Music Includes:
- 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Polka Police
- 9:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - County Road
- 7:00 p.m. - Bucket Pong Tournament (limited to the first 32 registered teams)
- 8:00 p.m. - Women's Masskrugstemmen (stein holding competition, limited to the first 24 registered participants)
- 8:30 p.m. - Men's Masskrugstemmen (stein holding competition, limited to the first 12 registered participants)
Registration Forms and Fee Information available:
- 9:00 a.m. - Oktoberfest Co-Ed Volleyball Tournament - Saturday, September 26th & Sunday, September 27th (Pre-registration by Sept. 19th required. Contact Lisa Krause for more information at 402-750-9363
- 12:30 p.m. - Tapping of the Keg Ceremony
- 12:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Live Music Includes:
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Burt Heithold Polka
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Begats
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Burt Heithold Polka
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Leo Lonnie Polka
- 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - The Rude Band
- 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Kid's Zone Uhop Entertainment Inflatable Midway
($5.00 wrist band) Root Beer Floats & Face Painting
- 1:30 p.m. - Radtour Bike Ride 14 & 30 mile routes (registration required) Bike ride starts on the South side of Norfolk Avenue and 7th Street in the "bike parking only" area. Search "Norfolk Oktoberfest Radtour" at www.active.com to register
- 2:00 p.m. - Bucket Pong Tournament (limited to the first 64 registered teams)
- 3:00 p.m. - Big Wheel Races (Kids ages 3-8 years old - big wheels provided) Races will be done in heats of 6, and by age.
- 6:00 p.m. - Bucket Pong Tournament (limited to the first 32 registered teams)
- 7:00 p.m. - Women's Masskrugstemmen (stein holding competition, limited to the first 24 registered participants)
- 7:30 p.m. - Men's Masskrugstemmen (stein holding competition, limited to the first 12 registered participants