Job Description - Christmas Festival Event Planner
Event Planner - Christmas Festival
The Downtown Norfolk Association is seeking an event planner for the annual River Point Christmas Festival, held the Tuesday before Thanksgiving on November 23rd, 2021. This person must be extremely organized and have great communication skills. Planning for the event will begin immediately.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Work within a budget
- Work with the small Downtown Norfolk Association marketing committee who will advise and give creative guidance
- Contact vendors and organizations
- Make new contacts
- Line up volunteers for various stations
- Give progress updates at the Downtown Norfolk Association 8:30 am 1x per month general assembly meetings
- Give progress reports at Downtown Norfolk Association Wednesday 8:30 am Marketing Committee meetings that are scheduled most weeks
- Coordinate events with downtown businesses
- Coordinate advertising, including media interviews
- Manage social media marketing
- Submit the City Event Guide and paperwork
- Obtain the necessary permits and street/parking lot closures
- Arrange insurance
- Put up Christmas lights
- Monitor Christmas lighting throughout season and make appropriate repairs or adjustments
This person must be able to take phone calls and handle tasks during working hours (8-5). There are notes to refer to from past years, but this person is also expected to use their own resources. The hours and number of days needed to complete all tasks are not defined. The availability of extended amounts of time for the week up to the event and long days on the day before and day of the event are required. Many last-minute details will need to be coordinated. Pay will be discussed during the interview.
Please submit a resume and with references, and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Last modified on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021